Lawrence Ox Roast & Homecoming Pie Contest
Sept 2 – Lawrence Park Pavilion
- Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it
- Contest is intended for amateur bakers only. Professional bakers or those who earn a portion of their livelihood from baking or cooking may NOT enter the contest.
- 3. Each dessert pie must be made from scratch and baked in a 9” pie plate/pan. Each pie must include a serving utensil and a cover. NOT ALLOWED: CAN PIE FILLING OR A PRE-MADE STORE BOUGHT CRUST
- Recipe – Please include a copy of your pie and crust recipes with a list of all ingredients, must be on a 3 X 5 card.
- Categories : A. Fruit B. Youth division (under 18 yrs)
- Health Dept rules – NO PIES THAT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION ( NO DAIRY OR CREAM PIES MAY BE ENTERED)
- Only 1 entry per person
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st place in both categories. Ribbons awarded for other entrants.
- Enter Pie on date of contest – only at Lawrence Park Pavilion at 1:30 pm. Judging to be done a 2 pm and award ceremony following
- Judging Criteria: A. Overrall appearance B. Crust color, texture – doneness and flavor C. Filling consistency – doneness and flavor D. Overall taste
- Scoring – A. Each judge assigns a numerical value (1-5) in each criteria category (without consultation of the other judges.) In case of a tie judges will then consult upon each other.
- Winners will allow pictures posted on Village Website and/or social media. Participants must be present at the pavilion during the contest and judging but no names on pies.
- Disposition of pies – All contestants must take pies with them after winners are announced.
A pdf of the rules can be viewed here.
This pdf must be filled out and turned into Mary Muday.