Lawrence Farmers Market
Sponsored by the Lawrence Downtown Development Authority
Saturdays from 9 am – 1 pm in the Village Park
July 9 – October 08
- The Lawrence Farmers Market is a wonderful place to visit on Saturday mornings
- Local growers and artisans greet you with a variety of delicious and delightfully displayed handmade and homegrown items
- Under the majestic maples in the downtown park, the market is the place for family fun and friendly encounters
- Discover the importance of good food and how it is produced
- Acquaint yourself with the diversity of fabulous crops grown here in Van Buren County and learn when they are in season
- Become part of a growing movement to help small family farms
- Local farmers who sell direct to consumers cut out the middleman and get full retail price for their food
- Eating fresh food is good for you, your family and your community
- Food that has not traveled hundreds or thousands of miles to get to your table is more tasty and nutritious. Plus, you are encouraging local food enterprises which use less fossil fuel in their production and distribution. Shopping at farmers markets is the fun way to support local economies and to care for the environment.
Buying Local Foods Builds Community. When you buy direct from the farmer, you are re-establishing a time honored connection. Knowing the farmers gives you insight into the seasons, the weather, and the miracle of raising food. In many cases, it gives you access to a farm where your children and grandchildren can go and learn about nature and agriculture.
Check out the new Van Buren County Local Food and Farm Guide at www.vanburencd.org/farmguide. Support local agriculture today!
For more info call Farmers Market master Jan Petersen at 674-8730 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Market Rules & Regulations for those interested in participating can be read here.