Chief of Police, Lawrence, Michigan
The Village of Lawrence is a beautiful bedroom community of 1000 residents. The Village is located in Van Buren County in Western Michigan. The Village has an excellent school system for growing families wanting to provide their children with a quality education.
The Village is looking to hire a qualified Police Chief to help reestablish their own Police Department. This will be a part-time position working up to 24 hours per week.
- Bachelors Degree preferred or an Associates Degree with a combination of experience and Executive School training i.e.: FBI Academy or Northwestern School of Staff and Command.
- Ten years of Law Enforcement experience with five years of Command experience.
- Leadership in a similar sized or larger municipality is desired.
- Must be MCOLES Certified.
- Hold a Valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Starting rate of pay $25.00 per hour
- Equipment Allowance $250.00
Please forward or mail a completed application, resume with three references and cover letter to Theresa Stroud, Village Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 157, North Paw Paw Street, Lawrence, MI 49064. Applications must be received by July 4, 2020.